Sunday, October 5, 2008

whoa! being alive is amazing!



Wow, I am just so amazed and grateful as I put up these old blog posts and remember all of the great experiences that I have had this summer. I think that remembering will be the key to my making this summer a tangible part of who I am. Already I raise my hand all the time in classes and share personal experiences I have had in an effort to help my classmates better understand refugees, Muslims, the Old Testament, world history, archeology, and a host of other topics that I feel somewhat more expert on these days :)
How blessed my life is to have so many opportunities to explore the world and become educated. Having just taken the LSAT (Yikes! And Yippee!) I feel so empowered to make an impact on this world. I cannot even fathom how lucky I am in the grand scheme of this world- in the history of mankind, what percentage, would you say, of women have had the opportunity to attend an excellent undergraduate institution on scholarship and have had the ability to pursue extensive travel and to be able to apply to law school and just to become whatever she wants to be? What percentage?! So few! I rejoice at my God-given opportunities and capabilities. I just pray that someday I can give back at least a little bit of what I have been blessed with to others in this world and make my education worthwhile.
I hope that you guys will not forget to click on "Older Posts" at the bottom of this page because stuff from earlier in the trip is over there since there are apparently too many to fit on one page at once- so don't miss them! I plan to put up some more photos soon, so get excited! Thank you!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I've finally found your blog and I LOVE IT!! You make me feel so happy as I read your insights!