Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm thankful for NAUVOO




I just got back today from Nauvoo, Illinois, and it was great! It was my first experience in the Midwest (it was actually a lot prettier than I anticipated) and it was the first time being with all of my family for a very long time. The best part, I think, was just seeing my grandparents doing their missionary thing. I got to see Grandpa driving around in his truck early in the morning as I jogged, he was off to fix or restore something or other. I saw Grandma give tours of the historic sites and share tons of interesting information with everyone. And I got to see them both sing and act in a performance the missionaries all put on and they did so great! I am so proud of them and all of the great work that they are doing in service of the Church, they are a great example.
The temple was also so gorgeous and way larger than I had envisioned. It was really breathtaking and I loved being able to go there with all of my family- my family is great. I really feel a lot closer to those early Saints and I feel like I can comprehend their vast hardships so much better now. I am grateful for the early and modern pioneers who paved the way and who still light the path today for people to come closer to peace, joy, and perfection through sacrifice and service.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

I love nauvoo! What a gorgeous temple!!