Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Time for the Truth

I don't have the time to make a full analysis, but I just wanted to take a moment to say: ROCK ON, IRAN! Honestly, this is a huge step in independence for government oppression! I love that the Iranian people are standing up against their government and demanding the truth. I do not see these post-election riots as a result of some people being sore losers or just trouble makers, but rather, many people are feeling not only underserved, but lied to by their government and they are fed up! I am so happy for them exercising their right to have the truth and to let their opinions be heard and acted upon. Even though there is apparantly a ban on this kind of demonstration in Iran, these citizens looked at the higher law of human rights and went ahead and protested, despite the ban. The right to peacably assemble should be a given, so as long as they do their best to steer clear of violent protesting, I am totally on their side. And shockingly, so far it looks like their protesting might even work! There is already talk of a review of the votes and I wish them all the best!

No comments: