Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm still your friend, Mr. President

State of the Union.


Cool.


I love this Constitutional relic- I think its really a neat thing crafted into the Constitution by our founding fathers in order to keep the people updated and to keep the government in the position they were designed to be: responsible to the people!  We elected them, after all.


Not incredibly noteworthy, we're pretty used to well-written and well-delivered speeches by our current President.  Although, there has been a bit of subsequent drama associated with the fact that Obama totally called out the Supreme Court right in front of them, and in front of the rest of the counrty, for the opinion they issued last week (as discussed in the previous post- I KNEW Obama read my blog!).


People are saying this was an untrue presenation of the facts or that it was just plain disrespectful.


I, on the other hand, am completely fine with it- and not just because I happened to agree with what he said.  After all, they don't call it the "Bully Pulpit" for nothing.  And if the President can't exercise free speech, then who can?  Give him a break.


1 comment:

Grandma Collene! said...

Pres.O is not a friend of mine