Monday, May 2, 2011

Justice for Osama


A monumentous day.   A time for much–needed closure.  When I found out that Osama Bin Laden, the heart and soul of an evil entity known as al Qaeda, had been killed in a US military strike it brought me to tears.  I intently listened on the news to the wife of the pilot on one of the airplanes hijacked on 9/11 who attended one of many Sunday night patriotic rallies across the nation (including one right here in my very own Carlisle, PA!)- she spoke of how that the rally she attended was where she and her son needed to be.  That their hearts belonged among those celebrating the end of the man who had formulated the plan that took the lives so many innocent people, including her husband.   The plan that shook the United States forever and covered the world with fear. 

The father of a US soldier killed in Afghanistan also attended a rally with an American flag and a photograph of his son in uniform, expressing that he finally has closure, he feels like his son did not give his life in vain.

For out nation, this has been a long time coming.  When I was in high school (which is starting to become a long time ago…) student wore shirts with this on it:

10 years we have been waiting for justice.  Even though I have strong beliefs about the rights of the accused and I feel that even the most heinous of people deserve due process of law so that justice can be served, there is something very comforting about knowing that now, on the other side, this man is facing God’s perfect justice and every terrible think that he ever did and contributed to is known to his Omnipotent Judge.

 ~

(Okay, okay, so I just finished book-on-taping Dante’s Inferno and I can’t get the image out of my head of Osama’s feet dangling out of the mouth of a demon…)

No comments: